Sunday, December 7, 2008

Reflective Letter Rough Draft

Jessica Ackerman
12-5-08
Reflective Letter


---The second day of class is when we truly started learning these essay process’s, though most of us didn’t realize that. Until then, I wondered why we were doing all of these different things that, at the time, seemed out of the blue. I’m thankful for all of the things we did in class, though sometimes it was boring. If it wasn’t for what we learned in class, I bet that my essays wouldn’t be as well written as they are now, even though I still have things that I need to work on. The writing process for me, was long and sometimes complicated, however I know my essays are well written and I learned new things about my writing process's, I learned that outlines are what helped me the most. It was very beneficial to learn about different interpretations from other writers, and how that could influence our writing and perspectives. Also, it was beneficial by using different templates to enhance our writing. It wasn’t necessarily about what others wanted from us; it was about what we wanted to share to them through my writing. I thought the writing process greatly influenced the quality in my essays, though I do think that writing my theses and sometimes I over think the processes, are what I struggle with the most.

---The second essay was, in a sense, easier than the first because I received a better understanding of what my teachers were looking for in our writing. I do think that as far as getting a better understanding of ways that writing can be shared, like making it a character or a letter reminded me there's even more ways to write. I think that with the second essay, even though it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, it taught me more about the ways to prepare yourself and how your writing can be improved. I enjoyed the third essay the most, even though I was the most nervous for it with the debate. I think it turned out great and I wasn’t as nervous as I thought that I would be. I feel that as my essays are moving forward, that they are greatly improving and that everything I’ve learned has been beneficial to my writing.

3 comments:

Briana Grosche said...

This is a great start I think. You used great explanation of what you mean.

I know that Craig wants us to use specific examples in our RL from our essays, i'm sure you're aware of that, but just saying. ahah

And I know this is just a draft, and im sure you're gonna do this later, you might wanna separate your paragraphs a little more. Like have a obvious conclusion and intro, and body. Because here you have a intro and conclusion, lol. just some thing i noticed.

otherwise, its pretty awesome and i really like your points!
:D

Lena said...

-Im confused on your first 2 sentences, maybe reword them so the make sentence? or maybe its just me..lol :]

-As you know, add in quotes to support the improvements.

-You should be more explicit on your explanations on the essays..

-Also, make sure you are only talking about 2 essays...Craig mentioned that a few minutes ago..
so I am not sure if we should include the 3rd essay, since we didnt get the score for it.

Trevor White said...

Good start to the letter, I would change process's to procedures though. You could possibly add more of your strengths and weaknesses. Consider the new length of the letter and add what you feel necessary.